- Verify that the user account that is performing this procedure is a service application administrator for your FAST Search Content Search Service Application.
- In Central Administration, in the Application Management section, click Manage service applications.
- On the Service Applications page, in the list of service applications, click your FAST Search Content SSA.
- On the Search Administration page, under Crawling, click Index Reset.
- On the Search Service Application: Index Reset page, click Reset Now.
- A confirmation dialog box appears; click OK to confirm the content index reset. The Search Service Application: Search Administration page opens and the System Status is displayed.
To clear a FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint content collection, log onto the server that hosts FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint and follow this procedure.
Clear the content collection
- Verify that you meet the following minimum requirements: You are a member of the FASTSearchAdministrators local group on the computer where FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint is installed.
- On the Start menu, click All Programs.
- Click Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
- Click the Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint shell.
- At the Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint shell command prompt, type the following command: Clear-FASTSearchContentCollection -Name <collection name>
<collection name> is the content collection you are about to clear.